The Principles and Practice of Yoga in Health Care - Paperback , EnglishThis is the first book for physicians, yoga researchers, yoga therapists, nurses, and other health care professionals that systematically and comprehensively presents the biomedical research on the efficacy of yoga in health care, describes the implications of this evidence, and provides practical application recommendations.
• brings together the science and the practice of yoga therapy
• reviews the scientific evidence base for yoga for a wide variety of medical conditions
• comprehensively summarizes research findings and their practical implications for professionals who use yoga or refer patients for yoga practice
• includes chapter contributions by leading biomedical researchers of yoga
• supports the emergence of yoga therapy as a credible profession
• provides brief contributions by expert yoga therapists describing practical implementation issues relevant to yoga for specific conditions
The editors include three eminent yoga therapy researchers and one renowned practitioner in the field. In addition, they have brought together an experienced team of researchers and 30 yoga therapist contributors.
The Principles and Practice of Yoga in Health Care will prove essential to yoga therapists, physical therapists, physicians, psychologists, and other health professionals interested in yoga as a therapeutic intervention.