About the Book
Ever since its release in 1989, Quantitative Aptitude has come to acquire a special place of respect and acceptance among students and aspirants appearing for a wide gamut of competitive exams. Now, more than a quarter of a century later, with the ever changing environment of examinations, the book too reinvents itself while being resolute to its core concept of providing the best content with easily understandable solutions.
- Comprehensive: The book is more comprehensive than ever before with more than 5500 questions (supported with answers and solutionsâa hallmark of Quantitative Aptitude).
- Easy to follow: Chapters begin with easy-to-grasp theory complemented by formulas and solved examples. They are followed by a wide-ranging number of questions for practice.
- Latest & Updated: With questions (memory based) from examinations up till year 2016, the book captures the latest examination patterns as well as questions for practice.
Section-I: Arithmetical Ability
• Number System • H.C.F. and L.C.M. of Numbers • Decimal Fractions • Simplification • Square Roots and Cube Roots • Average • Problems on Numbers • Problems on Ages • Surds and Indices • Logarithms • Percentage • Profit and Loss • Ratio and Proportion • Partnership • Chain Rule • Pipes and Cisterns • Time and Work • Time and Distance • Boats and Streams • Problems on Trains • Alligation or Mixture • Simple Interest • Compound Interest • Area • Volume and Surface Area • Races and Games of Skill • Calendar • Clocks • Stocks and Shares • Permutations and Combinations • Probability • True Discount • Banker's Discount • Heights and Distances • Odd Man Out and Series
Section-II: Data Interpretation
• Tabulation • Bar Graphs • Pie Chart • Line Graphs
• Bank PO, SBI-PO, IBPS, RBI Exams
• MBA, MAT, CMAT, GMAT, CAT, IIFT, IGNOU
• SSC Combined Preliminary Exam, Hotel Management
• Sub-Inspectors of Police, CBI, CPO Exams
• UPSC-CSAT, SCRA and other State Services Exams
• Railway Recruitment Board Exams
• Campus Recruitment Tests
This book is the best book for competative preparation this contains a huge amount of questions of different types
Really superb. helpful. This edition is having more examples and practice question than the last editions
Good book for Quantative Aptitute.Recommended for all Competitive Exams.covers all parts with hugh amount of Questions
About the Author
Dr. R.S. Aggarwal was born on January 2, 1946 in a village of Delhi. He graduated from Kirori Mal College, University of Delhi. After completing his M.Sc. in Mathematics in 1969, he joined N.A.S. College, Meerut as a lecturer. In 1976, he was awarded a fellowship for 3 years and joined University of Delhi for his Ph. D. Thereafter he was promoted as a reader in N.A.S. College, Meerut. In 1999, he joined M.M.H. College, Ghaziabad, as a reader and took voluntary retirement in 2003. He has written more than 75 books ranging from Nursery to M. Sc. and in the competitions segment from clerical grade to I.A.S. level.