Public Administration in a Globalizing World - Paperback , EnglishThis book provides a synoptic view of the developments in the discipline of public administration in the age of globalization. The strength of the book lies in its ability to dwell on issues critical to understanding governance, while taking into account the significant transformations that have taken place in civil society and administrative set-ups across the world.
Key areas of focus:
• Evolution of public administration as a discipline
• Administrative theories
• Contemporary developments in public administration
• Public policy
• Development administration
• Decentralization and local governance
• Social welfare administration
• Citizens and administration
• Public administration in India
• Budget and financial administration in India
• Administrative reforms in India
• Globalization and public administration
Written in a comprehensive text-book mould, along with model questions for each of its twelve chapters, it will be an essential reading for undergraduate and graduate-level students of public administration. It will also be useful for students appearing in various Indian civil service examinations as well as those aiming to clear the UGC-NET exam.