All of us feel anxious from time to time, but for one in six people in the UK chronic anxiety and depression can become unbearable and severely disrupt everyday life. The Mood Gym is an interactive programme designed for those sufferers who would like to manage existing negative emotions, and for those who wish to prevent mental health problems in the future.Drawing on the latest research and based on two proven techniques – Cognitive Behaviour Therapy and Interpersonal Therapy – this unique guide will:
- assess your mood and anxiety levels through interactive quizzes
- measure the extent to which you may have thoughts or emotions that make you susceptible to stress, anxiety or depression
- help you to change unhelpful patterns of thought and behaviour
- offer proven coping strategies to help you deal with depression and let you enjoy your life once more
- outline complementary therapies, such as relaxation and meditation, to assist you in your recoveryAlthough a stand alone resource, The Mood Gym works alongside the authors’ successful websites – MoodGYM and ecouch – which provide interactive examples, direct feedback, mood exercises and practice workbooks to give readers a chance to practice the skills they are taught throughout the book.The Mood Gym is a unique guide that will help you feel better.